I am joining Dropbox on the 28th! And moving to NYC. And turning 30 of the 22nd.
So I thought I'd celebrate all this by getting my dream Macbook Setup :) I have some flexible budget from Dropbox, but would like to keep in within reasonable bounds.
- MACBOOK - Standard issue 64GB 1TB Macbook Pro Max
- DESK: I'd like a big L desk to fit a 49" monitor and a 34" monitor. Found this: Coleshome 66" L Shaped Gaming Desk, Corner Computer Desk, Sturdy Home Office Computer Table, Writing Desk, Larger Gaming Desk Workstation, Black $150
- CHAIR: I'll be sitting a lot. So would like a very comfy chair. Herman Miller Aeron Chair, B, Graphite $1780
- MONITOR: I'm a frontend engineer, so generally have VSCode, Browser with Inspector, and all my notification/messaing thingies. I get a standard issue 34" screen and I'll probably get an UWS 49" CRG9 (had it before and it was dope!) - SAMSUNG LC49RG90SSNXZA 49-Inch CRG9 Curved Gaming Monitor, Black, QHD, 120Hz $950
- MONITOR ARM: So that I don't waste precious desk space: Ergotron – HX Single Ultrawide Monitor Arm with HD Pivot, VESA Desk Mount – for 1000R Curved Monitors Up to 49 Inches, 28 to 42 lbs – White
- MOUSE: I had the MX 3 Pro before, but now it's in storage. Probably will buy again - Logitech MX Master 3S - Wireless Performance Mouse with Ultra-Fast Scrolling, Ergo, 8K DPI, Track on Glass, Quiet Clicks, USB-C, Bluetooth, Windows, Linux, Chrome - Graphite $100
- MICROPHONE - We are fully remote, lots of Zoom meetings, also I want to get into podcasting more (speaking about tech) - Logitech for Creators Blue Yeti USB Microphone for PC, Podcast, Gaming, Streaming, Studio, Computer Mic - Blackout $125
- Dock - Needs to support UWS screen (Thunderbolt 4) - Belkin Thunderbolt 4 Dock Pro, Single 8K @ 60hz, Dual 4K Display Compatible, 2 x Thunderbolt 4 Port, 2 x HDMI Port, 90W Power Delivery PD, Audio in/Out, Compatible with MacBook Pro, XPS, and More $400
- iPad - for sketches, testing, and 2nd monitor 2021 Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular 256GB - Space Gray $1350